Sunday, August 21, 2011

And So It Begins....

6/12/11

This, our first night spent talking to the wind would prove to be the beginning of an amazing journey.  As I stated previously in the intro, I was not prepared for the results we would get.  I had hoped for a token gift but to get such results out of the gate was surprising, exhilarating and mind blowing!  We were also now firmly hooked.  It is like a drug we cannot seem to stay away from.  We go every chance we get.  

While enjoying this immensely, I have since paused to ponder my motivation.  Am I doing this from a place of respect and reverence or is this just a lark?  After some introspection, I have come to the conclusion that I and those with us seek answers, ones we realistically know may never be answered, but we search none the less.  Why are they still here, what do they need from the living, and most importantly, what can we do to help them?  Lofty goals I know, but if not us, then whom?  

I am also keenly aware that at some point we may run into something less benign than we have to date.  Instead of someone who seems only to want to share something of themselves with us, we understand the risk of piercing the veil as it were.  As a Christian, I know there is always light and dark.  While alive we struggle with our dark side, and for many it wins.  Why would it not carry over to the spirit world?   And you cannot discount the fact that there are also non-human spirits that wish to do harm.  My family always anoints ourselves and we say a prayer of protection because while not afraid, we are also not careless.  Zac and the boys at Ghost Adventures have taught me that while provoking makes for good television, the possible ramifications are not to be taken lightly. I will leave that to the professionals.  



Now on to our own adventures……



The spirits seemed to respond to Retha and I and not my husband that night. (a later entry will explain that he has a profound experience at a different location and time)  It may be that we were less intimidating, had a more pleasing cadence or we were more open to the experience, but not unlike anything to do with this, I am not sure yet.  After reviewing the recordings and the photos, we were stunned, elated and downright giddy to hear what we knew were EVPs.  I might have even danced a little.  The first one we recognized as a “no way to explain that voice” on the recording was at first indiscernible to us.  We must have listened to it 50 times.  I had my friend Cyril listen to it, and had everyone else who would hold still long enough, listen to it. Only after my husband downloaded some software and we slowed it down, did we clearly hear that it said “Elizabeth”.  As my husband became more familiar with the software and our ears became more in tune with hearing the EVPs, the discoveries kept coming.  There are of course some that we still have no idea what is being said, but it is undeniable that someone is talking to us. That is good enough for me.  

Under the bridge
Our last stop of the evening was at the trestle bridge. We did a short EVP session that yielded nothing, but we could faintly hear the rhythmic drone of drumming in the distance. Although we did not catch it on the recorder, we can all be heard mentioning it. We could never  discern their exact origin or location.  I wonder if the spirits of the natives were enjoying the night along with us somewhere in the darkness. 




No comments:

Post a Comment